Rest... Relax... Renew...
The Chester Plantation, a Greek revival home, was originally built in 1845 by Colonel Williamson Simmons for his wife and children. Chester remained in the Simmons family until 1918. The property changed hands several times until Remmie Arnold, owner of the Arnold Pen Factory in Historic Petersburg, purchased it in 1945. In 1961 B.B. Baugus purchased the land containing 711 acres, and in 1963 opened an 18-hole golf course known as the Arnolda Ranch Country Club, later known as the Prince George Country Club Estates.
In January 2007, John and Brenda Gilliam purchased the Chester Plantation, and renovated the home into a bed and breakfast. Three guest rooms with private baths are available on the second level: the Magnolia, Rose, and Lakeview. Upon entering the main lobby through the original door you will see a beautiful winding staircase leading to the second floor rooms.
Breakfast is served daily from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the dining room. Earlier times can be accommodated upon advanced notice.